Sunday 19 October 2008

The Last Shadow Puppets @ Manchester Apollo. October 12th.












Review by Charlotte Denis


I wanted to go to a big gig for my first time at the Apollo, so I chose the Last Shadow Puppets.

I’ve been listening to the new band formed by Alex Turner from the Arctic Monkeys and Miles Kane from the Rascals and I have to say I absolutely loved the orchestra and the catchy songs performed. I was expecting a lot from that gig and I wasn’t disappointed in the least.

Turner and Kane had about 6 guitars between them and they were switching between each song as some songs are acoustic, while others are more in the ‘electric’ vein.

The Last Shadow Puppets gave us a great performance, played some b-side songs and of course the more famous ones such as ‘The Age of The Understatement’ and ‘My Mistakes Were Made For You’.

The atmosphere at the Apollo was really amazing, everyone knew the words and we felt like in a cocoon, sharing the same shivering feeling from their voices mixed with the orchestra.

Before going to the gig I read some average reviews from when they played this summer at Leeds Festival, but I guess people didn’t go to Leeds to see them in particular so they weren’t really expecting a lot from them and they probably didn’t even really like the band.

This Alex Turner guy is extremely talented and charismatic, I sometimes wonder if everything he does is great.

Great gig, amazing atmosphere.

Listen:

No comments:

Followers